Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2011

Our first Christmas Eve in Australia

The 24th started up pretty good when I woke up and realised it was nice and warm outside. To begin with I had a coconut on the balcony, there couldn't have been a better start into the day. My famlily celebrates christmas on christmas eve and Ben knew I'd be homesick so he said we will celebrate on the 24th just like we used to in Austria.
In the afternoon Benny and I went to the beach and I got sunburnt immediately. Silly me forgot the sunscreen. So after 2 hours it was time for me to leave but ended up having prawns on our balcony as an afternoon snack. 
For dinner Ben and I made baked trouts and for dessert I made Chocolate Bread Pudding. You know I'm a sucker for dessert so as you can guess I was in love with it. It was this recipe. I really recommend it, it's easy and honestly delicious. I did not add the alcohol and it was still amazing. 
After dinner we opened our gifts, including my massive package I received from Austria and then we went to the midnight mass at St. Mary's, Sydney's biggest church. Coming home at 2.30AM we fell into our beds and slept like babies. What a good Christmas Eve!


6 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Lovely photos. I wish I was at the beach :O(

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Anonymous said...

beautiful Christmas

Unknown said...

beautiful sunny Christmas! where I am, Christmas comes always with snow, that's why it's so strange to imagine a Christmas near a sunny beach :)
lovely photos!

fashion-meets-art said...

wow, it's so nice to see the warm weather. here it's too cold!
funny :)

can I invite you to my giveaway?

You can win Chanel polish and a golden Asos steel necklace.
Lovely Greets
Maren Anita


Please have a look at my Holiday GIVEAWAY:

CHANEL POLISH and ASOS NECKLACE

Zilli said...

OMG, was is denn das für ein :D beck mi o :)))

bridget anne said...

you look amazing in that dress and i love the high bun on you!

just started following your wonderful blog! stop by & say hi back if you fancy. cheers!
http://bridgetfossedal.blogspot.com