Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

Quiet Night

On Tuesday I decided to go to the movies with Ben. It was "Tightass Tuesday" as Ben likes to call it and so we watched "The Vow". It was the worst movie for a man but the best movie for girls. I absolutely loved it and I had a hard time keeping back tears. I am glad we went to watch it! The day after Ben and I were standing in the kitchen when suddenly the lights started to flicker and slowly died. I have to say it was quite creepy. You know the moment when this happens in horror movies when the lights go off and something scary happens? I expected to see the silhouette of a ghost or something else, but thank god we didn't! We checked the electricity but everything seemed to be fine in our apartment. Then we went onto the balcony and realised that the whole block around our house was dark. Thank god I love candles so we had enough to put some into every room. I don't know what the problem these days in Bondi is, this has happened 3 times in 2 weeks now. Ben and I washed up with candle light and then went to bed. There was not really anything to do without light. I tried to read in bed but the constant flickering of the candle just annoyed me. I have to say that it was quite romantic and refreshing having a night without the tv on. I was glad when I woke up and the electricity was back on though.

No comments: