Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

Yum Cha

I have never had Yum Cha in my life so Ben thought it is a good idea to get some for lunch. We went into this nice Chinese restaurant and I was quite excited. Ben took the menus and I couldn't believe what I saw! They served chicken feet!!!! How crazy is that?! Ben told me that this was a quite normal dish for Chinese and he had it before. He wanted me to get some, but I just can't think of anything worse than eating a chicken's foot! I then discovered another unusual thing on the menu: Marinated trotters. So you could order pig's feet, sliced. I have never seen anything like that before! I don't know if my appetite just kind of disappeared or if the food didn't sit well in my stomach but after we had some dumplings I felt really sick. I think that was the only and last time I have had Yum Cha, maybe I am not used to this kind of food, but I prefer to have a burger or some Italian food over this.


No comments: