Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2012

9 Days!

So after realising yesterday that I only have about 2 weeks left here before I go home, I started thinking. In fact I only have 9 days left at uni, until I have finished my Master Degree. This is kind of scary. I know that I have said a lot in the past that I would rather work than be at uni, but right now it scares me!
The reason for that is because I don't know what's going to happen after my degree. Things are already planned until August, but after that I don't have any control on what's going to happen in my life.

After my holiday in Austria Ben and I are applying for my new visa. This is going to be really hard. I hope that we can hand it in straight at the end of July and I even more so hope that it won't take longer than 6 months to get the visa. I will be on a bridging visa until then and probably try to find a job.
I am nervous though, I don't know which field I should go into to. There are some industries that interest me, however, I am not sure if I have a chance to become really good at it giving that English is not my first language. These things stress me out, they don't let me sleep at night and make me nervous during the day. I think I should know by now what I want to do, but the opposite is the case. I guess that people can always change their career paths after a few years and I know that my career will be in some kind of communications. It is still scary though, I don't want to waste my time on internships anymore, I just want to start working. Then I also think about the money aspect, of course do I want to earn a fair amount of money in my career, but there are also things that interest me where I don't even need a degree. Of course that means that I am not going to make a lot of money. This is why I am asking myself if I should even try in that industry. So many questions and so many things that need to be figured out! I still have time to think about all that, so for now, I'll just concentrate on my last days at uni.

Let the countdown begin:

9 Days left

No comments: