Pages

Thursday 24 May 2012

Dinner home - Dessert at the restaurant

I know that it is normal to go out for dinner, but last week Ben and I decided to go get some dessert. I absolutely love desserts, it is actually the first thing I look at in the menu. Sometimes I wouldn't mind eating dessert only and something savory first. There was an event going on in Bondi, which was really disappointing for us as we couldn't get anywhere in. All the little bars and restaurants were full. So we saw this new little cafe in the middle of all the bars and thought we'd give it a try. I absolutely loved it there. Everything was retro style and people were all chatty and friendly. But even better was the food - I got a banoffee brulee (a mixture of banoffee and creme brulee) served with cream mixed with crushed oreos. It was so delicious! Ben got a chocolate sponge cake with chocolate sauce and cream with mashed strawberries. It really was one of the best desserts we have ever had in Sydney (except the ones I bake)!