Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Years in Bondi Beach

Happy New Year everyone!
This year (or last year?) was really special, it was so far away from the place I call home. Instead of -10 degrees I celebrated in 25 degree hot weather. I know that I should have probably spent New Years near the Harbour Bridge to watch the fireworks, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to wait 12 hours at a spot then wait hours to get into a bar and more hours to get a cab home. So instead we decided to celebrate in Bondi Beach, and what a good decision that was!!
We had a houseparty at our place, where we had self made Mojitos and Strawberry Daiquiries. Lots of food, drinks and chatting. At about 8 when it was dark we thought it was time to put on the glowsticks and dance in the dark in our living room. I can tell you I have never had more fun in our little apartment.
At 9pm we went down to the beach to see Snoop Dog, Calvin Harris and Pendulum at the Shore Thing Festival. It was phenomenal, we celebrated with thousands of people, watched the fireworks right in front of the beach and danced til 3AM before we walked home. I think I actually had the best New Years of my life.



6 comments:

Kultur und Stil said...

wow great! I'd love to spend once nye at the beach - so great!
xxx Anita

Anonymous said...

lovely photos, looks like a blast

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

looks like a good time!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, lovely blog, we could follow each other on fb, google and bloglovin if you want to !<3

Courtney said...

you girls are so chic! and the weather looks amazing. very different from our cold NYE!

★ JASMINE ★ said...

love the blog!

you're so pretty <3

now following you! follow me back hun?

http://barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com